Header Ads

Syrian Government has Agreed to a Conditional Ceasefire

The Syrian government has agreed to a conditional ceasefire that began late Thursday in the northwest of Syria, the national press reported. The government and coalition fighters have been attacking the rebels for three months. The last point of the rebels was hundreds of thousands designated as displaced, targeting medical facilities and other infrastructure.

The UN secretary general

Antonio Guterres, was determined within a few hours of approving an investigation into attacks on health facilities and schools in rebel territories following a petition by the UN Security Council's 10 member states. The offensive in Idlib and surrounding areas has developed since April 30, killing more than 400,000 people and killing hundreds. The image of the attack on health facilities and residential homes reminded the culmination of violence in eight years of conflict. International human rights groups, Western countries and the United Nations appealed for a ceasefire. 

About 3 million people live in the rebel area. The Syrian watchdog, the Syrian Observatory, said no signs of truce. The report said fierce clashes continued at the southern edge of the rebel base. According to Syrian media, the militants are subject to a ceasefire, subject to the retreat of rebels 20 kilometers away from the demilitarized zone, which agreed to enter into a ceasefire agreement in September.

Idlib was de escalated according to an agreement between the Syrian government's main allies, Russia and the opposition-sponsored Turkey. The home of the rebels is dominated by al-Qaida-linked armed groups and other jihadist groups. Syrian officials did not provide a timetable for applying this condition. If the withdrawal and disarmament of the armed forces were not implemented, the September ceasefire would collapse.

At that time, retirement was up to 25 kilometers in some areas. The Russian government has announced a new round of talks starting Thursday in the capital of Kazakhstan, where Iran and Turkey are attending. Syrian government and opposition parties are also attending. The two - day talks will focus on Idlib and form a new constitutional committee.

UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said

A spokesman for UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said Guterres used his authority under the UN Charter to build an internal investigation committee to confirm the facts about the destruction and damage of civilian facilities in Idlib. To the war parties to prevent war. President Bush said the United Nations investigation support group will include UN aid facilities in the region. Ten Security Council members' petitions were sent to Guterres on Tuesday asking them to investigate attacks on medical facilities and other sites.

Susannah Sirkin, a human rights policy chief, told Congress in a meeting on the humanitarian situation in Syria that President Bashar Assad received a report on 46 attacks on medical facilities since he began a recent attack. So far, she said she has confirmed 16 of them. Mark Lowcock, the UN humanitarian chief, said it was "a very important question" whether information provided through collision systems was used to protect private facilities or set goals.

He told the city council Tuesday on six attacks in northwest Syria that he has been notified of the conflict "and has not been proven to help protect people using the system in current environmental disputes." Lowcock said his team will meet with humanitarian groups to "re-determine whether the information on the current situation should be updated and information on new site or humanitarian movements should be kept available to the parties.

Democratic Republic of Congo marks

The Ebola epidemic in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo marks the first anniversary of the rush of Rwanda to close the border in response to the crisis, with two cases of the densely populated Frontier City of Goma and Kinshasa on Thursday. , It changed after 8 hours. These two cases of infections are the wives and babies of a man who died of Ebola on Wednesday. On August 1, 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ebola was born and more than 1,800 lives were lost.

Concern that the disease could be transmitted to neighboring countries has increased since mid-July, when the first death occurred in Goma, a transportation hub close to the city of Gisenyi, Rwanda. President-elect Felix Tshisekedi announced on 8th that Rwanda had made a "one-sided decision" to close the border. Goma with a population of more than 2 million and Gisenyi, a city with more than 85,000 people, are close to the open border.

Many people have jobs on the other side of the border and others have children at home or in schools in neighboring cities. AFP reporter in Goma and a resident of Gisenyi said the border was closed early in the morning. Rwandan government officials demanded anonymity and said they "closed" without disclosing any details. But the Rwandan health authorities said they had never been closed.

There was traffic congestion in the entry barriers as measures were taken to strengthen screening procedures and public safety," the statement said. Diane Gashumba, Minister of Health, told journalists, "I told the DRC Secretary clearly that my borders were open and open."

Wide horror

Goma is the capital of the Northern Kivu province, a pandemic outpost one year ago, followed by its neighboring Ituri province. So far, 15 people have been placed in the quarantine zone in southern Chibu, which has avoided the epidemic. Teo Ngwabidje Kasi Governor of South Kivu said Thursday his test for 15 years was negative at a news conference. The first person who died in Goma, reported on July 16, was a gospel preacher who traveled from Goma to Butembo (one of the cities hit by the outbreak).

During his stay, he preached in seven churches, touched regularly sick people, and returned to his hometown on the bus. The second death on Wednesday was not related to the first death. He was a gold miner working at Mariwalu and returned to his wife and ten children in a poorly-run home in Kiziba.

He showed symptoms of Ebola on July 22 and moved to the Ebola treatment center for outpatient treatment at a private hospital before going to hospital on July 30. The 1 - year - old daughter was ill on Wednesday and was positive for the disease, researchers said.

A few hours after the announcement, Rwanda closed the border. Congo officials said. WHO coordinator Boubacar Diallo said, "The wife of a man who died yesterday morning." "We are investigating," he said.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.